Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I book rooms online?
Ans: Currently, please use the link on the website for booking inquiries. We will respond within 24 hours. We are working on an online method for immediate confirmation. Stay tuned for updates.
2. Do you accept credit/ debit cards at Barekal for payments?
Ans: At the moment, we accept online transfer and cash only. We are at work to provide an option of credit cards too. Stay tuned for more information.
3. How far is Barekal from Bangalore/Hours of drive from Bangalore? from Shivamogga?
Ans: From Bangalore 375 kms. From Shivamogga 75 kms.
4. Do you have AC rooms/TV in rooms?
Ans: No, we don’t have AC rooms. We have only one TV in reception lounge.
5. Do you have ample parking space for multiple vehicles/TT/Taxis/Minibus? Do you have pick-up and drop facility from stations?
Ans: Yes, we have a large parking area. Big Buses (Above 22 seater) will have to park at the roadside. We have ample space for mini-buses/ Tempo Travellers/ Cars. We arrange pick-up and drop facilities till nearest bus/rail stations depending upon the needs of the guests. Contact us for more information on the rates.
6. Do you serve liquor at Barekal Farmstay? Do you have a refrigerator?
Ans: We don’t serve liquor/ alcohol at the Farmstay. There are Liquor Shops within 8 kms. Yes,we do have a fridge in the kitchen.
7. Do you serve non-vegetarian food at Barekal?
Ans: Yes, we have recently started cooking and serving non-vegetarian food at the Farmstay. The non-veg kitchen is separate from the vegetarian kitchen.
8. Do you allow smoking inside rooms?
Ans: Smoking inside the building is strictly prohibited. Smokers are welcome to step outside for a smoke.
9. What kind of food menu you follow? Do you allow us to cook ourselves?
Ans: We have a local Malenadu style menu for Breakfast & lunch. Our dinner menu is usually grand. We do not entertain cooks from outside and other than party snacks, outside food is not allowed at the Farmstay.
10. Do you allow music system/ Do you have your own speakers/Karaoke/USB plug-ins…?
Ans: Yes, we do have a music system with USB plug-ins. There are local tribesmen residing within a few 100 mtrs of the farmstay. The silence of the night is to be respected and generally, loud music after 10.30 p.m. is prohibited.
11. Do you offer Campfires for free?Do you offer indoor campfires during rains/winter?
Ans: Yes, campfires can be set up on prior request. We do have Indoor Campfire facility.
12. Do we get a tour guide?
Ans: Yes, on request.
13. Do you have a swimming pool? Water stream nearby?
Ans: No. We do not have a swimming pool. Our nearest backwater point is just 5 kms away. Swimming in the backwaters is not recommended as there are no lifeguards at the site.
14. Do you offer hot water for 24 hrs. or only in the mornings?
Ans: We are able to offer hot water only in the mornings.
15. Do you have power back-up/UPS/Power Generator?
Ans: Yes, we have multiple power back-up facility.
16. Do you have enough safety/security? Have you installed CCTV cameras in common areas?
Ans: Yes, we do have CCTV cameras installed and we have taken adequate security measures.
17. Do you have Doctor on call facility? First Aid Kit at premises?
Ans: Yes, a Doctor can be called in cases of emergency. A well equipped First-Aid kit is also available on the premises at all times.
18. Do you have Internet facility and Wi-fi access?
Ans: Yes, we do. We are dependent on the BSNL line for Internet and during heavy rains, the Internet connectivity is usually impacted.
19. What kind of activities/ games are available at Barekal Farmstay?
Ans: We will be happy to accompany you on a tour of the farm and arrange for a trek through the jungle. We do have a volleyball, football and cricket equipment for sports enthusiasts.
20. What is your policy on pets?
Ans: We love and welcome pets, but not inside the rooms.